This exotic sounding soup is simple and quick to make and is absolutely delicious. It can be served as a meal on its own or as a starter at a dinner party. This does have a small amount of fat (cream & butter) but that’s OK with coloured vegetables on occasions.
1 large onion finely chopped,
1 garlic clove crushed,
A knob of butter,
0.5kg/1lb of carrots, ¾ thinly sliced and ¼ grated,
1 litre/1.75 pints vegetable stock,
A handful of freshly chopped coriander,
150ml (approximately a quarter of a pint) of single cream,
What you do with all this:
1) Melt the butter in a large pan.
2) Fry the onion and garlic lightly until the onion becomes transparent.
3) Add the chopped carrots and give the mix a good stir.
4) Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
5) Reduce the heat and simmer lightly for about 30 minutes or until the carrots are cooked.
6) Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
7) Use a hand held blender to blend the mixture until smooth.
8) Stir in the grated carrots and coriander and then the cream.
9) Serve with a sprinkle of chopped coriander.
You may also like to try these...
There are many more great recipes like this in The Harcombe Diet Recipe Book