What can I eat?

The Harcombe Diet® is all about eating real food and ditching fake food. You won’t be counting calories, or points, or carbs, or starving every other day, or two days a week. You won’t be eating less – full stop. You’ll be eating better. This short video will explain the power of not counting calories, but making the calories you eat count.

The diet is in 3 Phases:

Phase 1 is just 5 days long (although it is recommended to stay on Phase 1 for longer if you have more than 20lb to lose and/or if you have marked Candida overgrowth). You can have unlimited meat, fish, eggs, vegetables (except potatoes/mushrooms), Natural Live (bio) Yoghurt, herbs, spices and one portion of ‘safe’ grains daily (brown rice, quinoa, oats).

Phase 2 is followed for as long as you need to lose weight. Fruit, dairy products, baked potatoes and whole grains are re-introduced, as works for you (the books hold your hand through all this).

Phase 3 is the lifelong weight maintenance plan. It’s how to eat ‘off-piste’ and keep the weight off. You’ll learn the rules of ‘cheating’ and see what you can get away with without re-gain.

If you'd like to leave a comment on this blog, please do so openly and politely and no hiding behind some pseudonym. As for spam, well that's just another word for junk and it will end up in the bin, where it belongs.

Website Comments

1. avatar S. Russell

Do I weigh safe grains in Phase Two…. re-reading and cant seem to see answer…maybe I am missing?! Thanks!

2. avatar Faye

Which book do you recommend to get started with the diet. Do they all come with some basic recipes to help start me off?

3. avatar Mairead Crosby

Hi, I started phase 1 yesterday and just wondering whats best to put in scrambled eggs and a omelette when u can’t have milk?

Thanks

• avatar Andy

I just use eggs, scrambled with a bit of butter. No need to ‘thin’ with milk or anything else.

4. avatar Hannah smith

Hi
    Just wondering if i can have kefir instead of or aswell as plain yoghurt?

5. avatar Jayne

Hi,
    New to this and as I am gluten and dairy intolerant I am wondering if this diet will cater for me with recipies that take the intolerances into account?
    Thanks,
    Jayne

• avatar Andy

Phase 1 caters well for intolerances (no gluten or dairy) and many recipes in all recipe books cater for both intolerances.

6. avatar Cheron Stevenson

Hi Andy
    I seem to remember reading something about leaving so many hours between eating a carb meal and a fat meal, but can’t remember where? Please can you advise me?
    Many thanks

• avatar Andy

4 hours – That would be explained in Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing Weight.

• avatar Andy

Never tried it for cooking. I understand that it has a low flash-point, so low-temp frying only.

POST A COMMENT.

Let us know you're human by answering this question * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.